- Juris Doctor, University of California, Davis
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), Cum Laude, University of California, Riverside
Awards & Certifications
- Tax Law Certificate, University of California, Davis
- Business Law Certificate, University of California, Davis
Admitted to Practice
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- California State Bar
Rami Mitri Khoury first joined the Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor, LLP in 2017 as a law clerk and as an attorney in February 2019. Rami graduated with his Juris Doctor from the University of California, Davis School of Law in May 2018. Rami also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Business Administration from the University of California, Riverside. He is admitted to practice law in California and is a member of the California State Bar.
Rami’s practice focuses on representing both individuals and business in court and before the various taxing agencies, such as the Internal Revenue Service, Franchise Tax Board, Employment Development Department and California Department of Taxation and Fee Administration. Rami is also active in the local tax community. He is currently serving as the co-chair of the Orange County California Lawyers Association Young Tax Lawyers, and is a member of the California Lawyers Association Tax Procedure and Litigation Committee.
Prior to joining the Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor, Rami worked at Ernst & Young, LLP, where he managed numerous corporate and partnership taxation engagements. During law school he was a member of the UC Davis Tax Law Society and obtained the UC Davis Tax Law Certificate. Rami also handled tax controversy cases for low-income taxpayers on a pro bono basis, as a volunteer at the BOE Tax Appeals Assistance Program.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Modification of California Unemployment Insurance Code Section 1755(a) to Provide a Minimum Holding Periods for Surrender of Property Subject to Levy from Financial Institutions, California Lawyers Association Taxation Section Sacramento Delegation, 2019.
- Speaker – Innocent Spouse Relief – California Lawyers’ Association Webinar, March 25, 2022.
- Speaker – The Ethics of Tax Practice – 8th Annual Young Tax Lawyers’ Conference, April 27, 2022.
- Panelist – An Introduction to Tax Controversy – Representing Individuals, Businesses, and Diverse Taxpayers – American Bar Association, February 9, 2023.
- Panelist – Taxpayers Experiencing Hardship: How to Best Represent Them Before the IRS – American Bar Association, February 10, 2023.
- Panelist – Managing Clients’ Expectations in a Tax Case from Exam through Trial -- California Lawyers’ Association Webinar, March 29, 2023.
- Orange County Bar Association (OCBA): OCBA Tax Section Member & OCBA Young Lawyers Division Member
- American Bar Association (ABA): ABA Tax Section Member
- MCLE Chair of the California Lawyers Association Taxation Section Young Tax Lawyers Standing Committee
- California Lawyers Association Tax, Procedure, and Litigation Committee – Education Chair
- Orange County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Business Development Co-Chair