April 3, 2020
The New BBA Centralized Partnership Audit Rules and Bankruptcy: A Shotgun Wedding Without Any Marital Bliss
A. Lavar Taylor, Attorney and Founder of the Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor, LLP (www.Taylorlaw.com), is a widely recognized as an authority in civil and criminal tax controversy law. Mr. Taylor has been named as one of "The Best Lawyers in America" and is a frequent speaker at tax and bankruptcy seminars.
In this article, Mr. Taylor discusses the parallel between bankruptcy and taxes. “It appears to be a metaphysical certainty that Congress, when it enacted the new Centralized Partnership Audit Regime ("CPAR") rules contained in 6221 through 6241 of the Internal Revenue Code in 2015, forgot that it had enacted the Bankruptcy Code almost forty years earlier.” Learn more about the new BBA Centralized Partnership Audit Rules and Bankruptcy in the full article here
Author: A. Lavar Taylor, Managing Partner
- June 18, 2021 Internal Revenue Service Refund Statute of Limitations 101
- June 18, 2021 IRS-CI Voluntary Disclosure Practice and Cannabis Taxpayers
- June 9, 2021 Jonathan T. Amitrano Named to 2021 Super Lawyers’ Rising Star List
- November 11, 2020 U.S. News and Best Lawyers Release 2021 “Best Law Firms” Awards
- November 6, 2020 Was an IRS Penalty Correctly Imposed Against You or Your Client?