June 3, 2020
Sales taxes are a significant obligation for many California businesses. Businesses subject to sales tax are required to collect the sales taxes from their customers, file quarterly sales tax returns, and timely pay the taxes owed for each quarter to the California Department of Tax & Fee Administration (“CDTFA”).
May 27, 2020
Some of us practitioners are old enough to have endured the transition to the TEFRA Partnership audit provisions from the unwieldy pre-TEFRA rules that required the IRS to audit the tax returns of all partners in a tax partnership in order to assess deficiencies resulting from adjustments to Forms 1065 filed by those partnerships. That transition required a considerable learning curve.
- June 8, 2020 Jonathan T. Amitrano Named to 2020 Super Lawyers’ Rising Star List
- June 3, 2020 CAN YOU BE PERSONALLY LIABLE FOR YOUR FORMER BUSINESS’ OR EMPLOYER’S CALIFORNIA UNPAID SALES TAXES?
- May 27, 2020 BBA Partnership Tax Provisions and Bankruptcy– A Recipe for Disaster, Part 1
- April 3, 2020 BBA Centralized Partnership Audit Rules and Bankruptcy
- March 30, 2020 IRS Audit Statute of Limitations May Be Extended for Failure to Report Foreign Financial Activity