June 8, 2020
The Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor are pleased to announce Jonathan T. Amitrano has been again selected to the 2020 Southern California Rising Stars list, an honor reserved for those lawyers who exhibit excellence in their practice. This is an exclusive list, as only 2.5% of attorneys in Southern California receive this distinction and Jonathan has been recognized for six consecutive years.
June 3, 2020
Sales taxes are a significant obligation for many California businesses. Businesses subject to sales tax are required to collect the sales taxes from their customers, file quarterly sales tax returns, and timely pay the taxes owed for each quarter to the California Department of Tax & Fee Administration (“CDTFA”).
May 27, 2020
Some of us practitioners are old enough to have endured the transition to the TEFRA Partnership audit provisions from the unwieldy pre-TEFRA rules that required the IRS to audit the tax returns of all partners in a tax partnership in order to assess deficiencies resulting from adjustments to Forms 1065 filed by those partnerships. That transition required a considerable learning curve.
April 3, 2020
In this article Lavar discusses the parallel between bankruptcy and taxes. It appears to be a metaphysical certainty that Congress, when it enacted the new Centralized Partnership Audit Regime ("CPAR") rules contained in 6221 through 6241 of the Internal Revenue Code in 2015, forgot that it had enacted the Bankruptcy Code almost forty years earlier.
March 5, 2020
Don’t miss our own Lisa Nelson and Jonathan Amitrano speaking at the 7th Annual Young Tax Lawyers (YTL) Conference held at UCI School of Law on April 17, 2020. The Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor is proud to be a Diamond Sponsor for this event.
- June 8, 2020 Jonathan T. Amitrano Named to 2020 Super Lawyers’ Rising Star List
- June 3, 2020 CAN YOU BE PERSONALLY LIABLE FOR YOUR FORMER BUSINESS’ OR EMPLOYER’S CALIFORNIA UNPAID SALES TAXES?
- May 27, 2020 BBA Partnership Tax Provisions and Bankruptcy– A Recipe for Disaster, Part 1
- April 3, 2020 BBA Centralized Partnership Audit Rules and Bankruptcy
- March 30, 2020 IRS Audit Statute of Limitations May Be Extended for Failure to Report Foreign Financial Activity