June 3, 2020
Sales taxes are a significant obligation for many California businesses. Businesses subject to sales tax are required to collect the sales taxes from their customers, file quarterly sales tax returns, and timely pay the taxes owed for each quarter to the California Department of Tax & Fee Administration (“CDTFA”).
May 27, 2020
Some of us practitioners are old enough to have endured the transition to the TEFRA Partnership audit provisions from the unwieldy pre-TEFRA rules that required the IRS to audit the tax returns of all partners in a tax partnership in order to assess deficiencies resulting from adjustments to Forms 1065 filed by those partnerships. That transition required a considerable learning curve.
April 3, 2020
In this article Lavar discusses the parallel between bankruptcy and taxes. It appears to be a metaphysical certainty that Congress, when it enacted the new Centralized Partnership Audit Regime ("CPAR") rules contained in 6221 through 6241 of the Internal Revenue Code in 2015, forgot that it had enacted the Bankruptcy Code almost forty years earlier.
March 5, 2020
Don’t miss our own Lisa Nelson and Jonathan Amitrano speaking at the 7th Annual Young Tax Lawyers (YTL) Conference held at UCI School of Law on April 17, 2020. The Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor is proud to be a Diamond Sponsor for this event.
January 10, 2020
A. Lavar Taylor will be a panel speaker on the program of “Current Developments in Collection Enforcement” on Friday, January 31, 2020 at the ABA’s Midyear Tax Meeting 2020 in Boca Raton, Florida.
- June 18, 2021 Internal Revenue Service Refund Statute of Limitations 101
- June 18, 2021 IRS-CI Voluntary Disclosure Practice and Cannabis Taxpayers
- June 9, 2021 Jonathan T. Amitrano Named to 2021 Super Lawyers’ Rising Star List
- November 11, 2020 U.S. News and Best Lawyers Release 2021 “Best Law Firms” Awards
- November 6, 2020 Was an IRS Penalty Correctly Imposed Against You or Your Client?