The 2nd Annual UCI Law/Lavar Taylor Tax Symposium: Machine Intelligence and the Changing Nature of Tax Practice
December 5, 2019
Dates: Monday, February 24, 2020 at 8:00am to 6:00pm
Location: UCI University Club 801 E. Peltason Drive, Irvine, CA 92697
This two-day conference will address how artificial intelligence and related technologies impact tax enforcement and administration, tax planning and risk management, and how such technologies can be harnessed to assist taxpayers. The program will feature leading tax practitioners, industry entrepreneurs, researchers, and government officials. The symposium will be hosted by the UCI Law Graduate Tax Program and sponsored by the Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor. Tentative schedule will be made available by the end of October.
Full-time federal, state, and local government employees may attend at no cost. Please e-mail to [email protected], noting “Gov't Tax Event Registration” in the subject line, for details on how to register.
This event is approved for 12.0 hours of Continuing Legal Education Credit by the State Bar of California. UC Irvine School of Law is a State Bar-approved MCLE provider.
- June 8, 2020 Jonathan T. Amitrano Named to 2020 Super Lawyers’ Rising Star List
- June 3, 2020 CAN YOU BE PERSONALLY LIABLE FOR YOUR FORMER BUSINESS’ OR EMPLOYER’S CALIFORNIA UNPAID SALES TAXES?
- May 27, 2020 BBA Partnership Tax Provisions and Bankruptcy– A Recipe for Disaster, Part 1
- April 3, 2020 BBA Centralized Partnership Audit Rules and Bankruptcy
- March 30, 2020 IRS Audit Statute of Limitations May Be Extended for Failure to Report Foreign Financial Activity