The 2nd Annual UCI Law/Lavar Taylor Tax Symposium: Machine Intelligence and the Changing Nature of Tax Practice
December 5, 2019
Dates: Monday, February 24, 2020 at 8:00am to 6:00pm
Location: UCI University Club 801 E. Peltason Drive, Irvine, CA 92697
This two-day conference will address how artificial intelligence and related technologies impact tax enforcement and administration, tax planning and risk management, and how such technologies can be harnessed to assist taxpayers. The program will feature leading tax practitioners, industry entrepreneurs, researchers, and government officials. The symposium will be hosted by the UCI Law Graduate Tax Program and sponsored by the Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor. Tentative schedule will be made available by the end of October.
Full-time federal, state, and local government employees may attend at no cost. Please e-mail to [email protected], noting “Gov't Tax Event Registration” in the subject line, for details on how to register.
This event is approved for 12.0 hours of Continuing Legal Education Credit by the State Bar of California. UC Irvine School of Law is a State Bar-approved MCLE provider.
- October 1, 2021 Silver Sponsor of the 2021 Annual Meeting of the California Tax Bar and California Tax Policy Conference - November 3rd-5th
- October 1, 2021 NACBA’s Members-Only Workshop - November 30th & December 1st
- October 1, 2021 The UCLA 37th Annual Tax Controversy Institute - October 21st
- June 18, 2021 Internal Revenue Service Refund Statute of Limitations 101
- June 18, 2021 IRS-CI Voluntary Disclosure Practice and Cannabis Taxpayers