The 2nd Annual UCI Law/Lavar Taylor Tax Symposium: Machine Intelligence and the Changing Nature of Tax Practice
December 5, 2019
Dates: Monday, February 24, 2020 at 8:00am to 6:00pm
Location: UCI University Club 801 E. Peltason Drive, Irvine, CA 92697
This two-day conference will address how artificial intelligence and related technologies impact tax enforcement and administration, tax planning and risk management, and how such technologies can be harnessed to assist taxpayers. The program will feature leading tax practitioners, industry entrepreneurs, researchers, and government officials. The symposium will be hosted by the UCI Law Graduate Tax Program and sponsored by the Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor. Tentative schedule will be made available by the end of October.
Full-time federal, state, and local government employees may attend at no cost. Please e-mail to [email protected], noting “Gov't Tax Event Registration” in the subject line, for details on how to register.
This event is approved for 12.0 hours of Continuing Legal Education Credit by the State Bar of California. UC Irvine School of Law is a State Bar-approved MCLE provider.
View the Preliminary Program (PDF)
- March 2, 2023 The U.S. Supreme Court Agreed with Precedent Set by Taylor Nelson Amitrano LLP and Determined The Maximum Non-Willful Penalty For A Late-Filed FBAR Is $10,000
- February 7, 2023 American Bar Association’s 2023 Midyear Tax Meeting: February 9-11 | San Diego, CA
- December 7, 2022 Technological Advancements in Tax Practice and the Impact of the Inflation Reduction Act on the IRS’s Capabilities and Service
- October 26, 2022 UCLA Extension’s 38th Annual Tax Controversy Conference
- September 29, 2022 American Bar Association’s Tax Section’s Fall 2022 Tax Meeting